All Year 10 students complete the following core programme of study:
- Social Studies
Option subjects available for Year 10 students are:
- Food Technology
- Te Reo Maori
- Visual Art
- Health & Physical Education
- Mathematics (Level 1)
- English (Level 1)
Students individual plans are considered based on their career aspirations. In general they can manage the time commitment of up to two options.
Te Reo Maori is offered as an option at Year 10 and is offered in two streams to meet student needs:
- Beginners (oral competency, basic sentence structures, conversational Maori)
- Level 1 or 2 NCEA Te Reo Maori (offered to MANUKURA students who have transitioned from Kura Kaupapa Maori learning environments or completed Level 1 in Year 9)
Visual Art is offered in two streams:
Year 10 (general programme)
- Level 1 (offered to students showing strengths from the Year 10 general programme in Terms 1 & 2)
Mathematics (Level 1) is offered to capable Year 10 students with a selection of internally assessed number standards. These standards are awarded credits towards NCEA Level 1 certification.
English (Level 1) is offered to capable Year 10 students with a selection of internally assessed visual, oral and written standards. These standards are awarded credits towards NCEA Level 1 certification.
Literacy development is provided for individual students who require additional support to ensure they are confident and competent in Year 10 English. The programme covers:
- Focused strategic instruction
- Selecting texts
- Oral language
- Language experience
- Connections between reading and writing
- Sounds and words
- Independent reading
- Independent literacy activities
Health is delivered as units of work whilst Physical Education is completed daily in our programme for all students in addition to those who choose it as an option.